“Permanent makeup that never fades and tattoos that never lighten!”
Oh my! What a grand guarantee and bold proclamation! This absurd and highly misleading statement is being used more and more in Las Vegas by self proclaimed permanent makeup innovators. This is a blatant fraudulent marketing ploy.
1. All permanent makeup fades and all tattoos fade in time.
2. The sun or UV rays contribute to a large amount of the loss of pigment in pigments. So, More sun = faster fading.
3. The darker pigments are more resistant to fading and lighter pigments tend to fade more quickly.
4. A good sunblock/SPF 50 + helps protect tattoos and permanent makeup against fading.
5. Excellent after care that promotes ideal healing, helps retain more pigment.
If anyone claims that their pigments or permanent makeup will NEVER fade, be very cautious.